APRIL 10, 2023

How to Make Your Personal Brand Stick with Your Target Clients


In the real estate industry, it’s no surprise that you may switch companies a few times during your career. Here’s a fact: The industry average sees agents switching offices up to three times over a 10-year period. But what does this mean for your personal brand as an agent?

Unlocking Success: The 5 Traits That Define Professional Real Estate Agents

Being a top agent not only boosts your lead generation, sales speed, and income but also secures your long-term success in the industry. As many agents face challenges, we’ll explore how to stand out and excel in your real estate career. 

But what defines a professional real estate agent? How do they stand apart from the amateurs? Let’s explore the top 5 traits that set them on the path to success. 

  1. Amateurs celebrate a single achievement, but professionals know it’s just the start. In real estate, an escrow may excite amateurs, causing them to focus solely on that transaction. However, professionals see it as one step in their journey and delegate tasks to others while revisiting the essentials: perfecting scripts, prospecting, meeting clients, and more. 
  1. Amateurs focus on setting goals, while professionals prioritize creating effective systems. In his book Atomic Habits, James Clear highlights the distinction between the two approaches. While goals may seem like the best way to achieve success, Clear realized that it was the systems he followed that truly determined his results. Rather than fixating on specific goals, professionals understand that developing and following a well-designed system is the key to consistent success. 
  1. Amateurs tend to believe they excel in everything, while professionals recognize their areas of expertise or competence. The real estate industry has seen a rise in teams as agents embrace the idea of leverage. By identifying their strengths and weaknesses, professionals can assemble a team with complementary skills to enhance their overall effectiveness. The Pareto Principle further supports this approach, suggesting that roughly 80% of results come from 20% of efforts. Professionals understand the importance of focusing on their key strengths, the vital few and utilizing the remaining 80% through delegation and collaboration. Embracing this mindset allows real estate agents to maximize their productivity and achieve greater success. 
  1. Amateurs tend to react impulsively, while professionals are prepared to handle any situation. A personal experience playing flag football in college illustrates the importance of preparation. Untrained and unprepared, the narrator dropped a potentially game-changing pass, leading to disappointment from teammates. In contrast, professional athletes invest hours in drills and practice, building instinctive responses to common scenarios. Similarly, rookie real estate agents may react spontaneously during crises, hoping for the best outcome. However, seasoned professionals with extensive script practice have a higher likelihood of responding appropriately and effectively to challenges in the real estate industry. Being prepared can make all the difference in achieving success.
  1. Amateurs prioritize short-term gains, often rushing transactions for immediate rewards, even at the expense of relationships. In contrast, professionals understand their role as fiduciaries, prioritizing their client’s best interests over their own. They are willing to forego a transaction if it means securing the best outcome for their clients, knowing that building long-term relationships will yield greater dividends in the future.

Leaving behind the turbulence of 2022, the real estate industry braces for a challenging 2023. This year will test the mettle of agents, distinguishing the amateurs from the true professionals. That’s why establishing yourself as a reputable real estate agent is just the beginning; maintaining that status requires ongoing efforts. From becoming a local expert to building a strong online reputation, consistency is key to a memorable professional presence.

Stay tuned for our upcoming blog posts, where we’ll continue to deliver valuable content that will help you navigate the ever-changing real estate landscape with confidence. #ForwardwithFairLead


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *